Sunday, March 30, 2008

Karen, the hair stylist!

Shortly before Christmas, Joey and I took a weekend adventure to San Francisco. When you live in Napa and you say "I'm going to The City" that means you're going to SanFran. When you live in NY and you say "I'm going to The City" you mean, of course, that you're going to Manhattan. So even after a year of being a west-coaster I still think we're going to Manhattan when we're going to The City. You can imagine my shock when we don't end up in Grand Central!! It never gets old.

Even though there haven't been any major earthquakes in a while, you can still find cracks in SanFran...


We stayed with our friends from C'ville (who have also just recently transplanted) in their wonderful apartment in The City. Nicole (her hubby was out of town) was a surpurb host and made sure that we treked over all the hills in her neighborhood so that we could get the entire SanFran experience. We went to Coit Tower (just up the hill from their apartment), a little thai restaurant (there's not good thai food where we live in Napa), and got our eyebrows touched up (well, Joey didn't, but Nicole and I did).

Coit Tower and the view from said tower.



Joey and I stood in front of The pointy building of SanFran. I can't remember what it was called but i think it's famous. To the right of the pointy building is Copolas famous restaurant... it's green.
Here's the pointy building from close up.

Later that evening Nicole went to her dress-up Holiday party (Joey and I went to a dress-down holiday party so there are no photos of us dressed fancy). And a strange thing happened... Nicole and I had girly time and I actually DID her hair up pretty. I've never done anything pretty to my hair, nevermind anyone elses hair so this was kind of a big deal for me!!! So here's Nicole dressed up....


And here's a close up of her hair...(I even clipped in the produce... i mean, foliage)

After our respective holiday parties, we met up at a local brew pub where they had old school sewing machine tables for their pub tables (complete with the manual foot pump). Random, but fun.

2 comments:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

Um, I LOVE that you got a butt crack pitcure in there. Do you know that person??

Karen and Joey said...

I have no idea who she is. Which is good, because I would feel embarrassed to post (or *take*, for that matter) a picture of one of my friend's cracks!! She was just selling scarves at the ferry and I couldn't help myself! It makes me laugh!!