Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bustin' out with the vineyards!

Karen here.

I'll have to admit that I'm an obsessive blog reader. I check in on my friends daily and get really excited for them. But I spend so much time checking in with my friends that I run out of time to post to my own blog. So here I am. Posting.

The past few weeks in the Napa Valley have been warm and sunny, and the vines are just beginning to bust out of their winter hibernation. I've been going into the vineyards more as a part of my integration into the Viticulture Coordinator (sounds official, huh?). Next year I'll be the full Viti Coordinator, but they're just easing me into it. Below is a photo of budbreak in our Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a super close up shot, so you have to imagine little tiny baby leaves. They're really no bigger than the first joint on my pinkie finger.


So when the new shoots grow a little bigger you can see the itty bitty grape cluster.... they look like tiny green cauliflowers. I've pointed to them in the following photo (it's not my actual hand, but you know what I mean)...

There are also some good looking flowers out right now...

1 comment:

dancingyogini said...

HOOOOOORAY!!! for updates!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!