Monday, May 19, 2008

"Are you looking at my headgear?"

So. I've been sporting my new 'shiner' all over town this weekend. Joey and I went to Napa for dinner and were sitting on the patio of The Bounty Hunter when some stranger said to me "Did he do that to you!?!". I had to say 'no', because if I didn't (even if I were just joking) I think that guy would have hit Joey.
Then the work week started. Everyone saw me on Friday with my swollen face, but today it was just mostly a black eye and I noticed that EVERYONE was staring at it. It's slightly different than 'eye contact'; it's more like 'looking toward the eye area'. It reminded me of the South Park episode when Stan's sister says "Are you looking at my headgear?!?". Very funny.

So I've felt inspired to post some photos of our re-creation of the event (and also to show you my shiner... both a pride-buster and a pride-boosting-war-wound).....

What's wrong with this photo.... (I've given you some hints)...
*** note: This was just a recreation.... no eyes were injured in this particular photo!!

This is how we do things in California!!!
*** note: Ok. That's just a joke. I'm only posing.

Here's a close up of my wound. It's a bit ugly, so shield your children's eyes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE SHINER! (You can't blame people for thinking the worst. I know. From pesonal experience.)

Kirsten Oliphant said...

You're hysterical! I've always wanted a black eye, as weird as that sounds. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen & Joey...update much? =P

Anyways nice to see you two have pretty much settled into your new home.

I remembered what I wanted to share with you guys! LoL sorry crossing the quarter century
http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/bottleshock/